Rules & Regulations
Our information pack contains a comprehensive list of the rules, regulations and requirements for hiring Camp Maynard along with a booking application and hire agreement, but as a guideline, here are some of rules & regulations:
- Camp Maynard is entirely smokefree at all times. This includes the buildings, the deck and all areas on the property. Patrons wishing to smoke will need to leave the property to do so.
- Fireworks are banned from use at Camp Maynard due to fire risk.
- NO animals are allowed on site.
- A responsible adult must be on site at all times.
- Camp Maynard is not hired out for 21st parties or similar events.
- The cost for all damages, losses, call out fees etc (as outlined in the information pack) are payable by the hirer.
- Camp Maynard is located in a residential area and as such, all noise is to cease between 11pm and 8am (including weekends) so as to be respectful to our close neighbours. If this rule is broken and results in Noise Control being called out, a $300 fine will be deducted from your bond. This is in addition to any fines, penalties or confiscations imposed by Noise Control and will be charged per call out.
- The camp fire circle can only be utilised by groups who have obtained a permit to do so. This can be applied for at firepermit.nz No permit, no fire, NO EXCEPTIONS
- Our keys are special security coded keys and the loss of a key incurs a $650 fee for locks to be changed.
- The camp is inspected within 48 hours of the departure of each group and a list of any losses, damage, breakages or any issues with cleaning will be made and the cost to remedy these items will be deducted from the bond. Minimum cleaning charge is $180.
- The camp site runs on tank water and so water is to be used conservatively at all times. A water meter is installed at the camp and read by committee members and if the hiring group uses excess water per person, they will be required to replace the water used (minimum charge $210)
- No staples, tacks, pins, nails hooks, eyelets or cellotape are to be used on any of the walls. Blu tack is permissible.
- Camp Maynard, it's owners and volunteer operators cannot accept liability for accident, injury or damage to property or persons as a result of using equipment situated on site, including the confidence courses. We recommend that each group checks all equipment for hazards and suitability of use prior to allowing children/group members to utilise such equipment and ensures the appropriate supervision and safety measures are taken at all times.